Strong Compass is a readjustment program dedicated to helping combat veterans make a purposeful and enduring transition to civilian life... improving the quality of life for the veteran and their family.
The STRONG COMPASS beta program produced positive results. Veterans benefited by managing frequency, intensity, and duration of effort to push the Body -> Mind -> Life framework. Observable results were measured using multiple and validated tools. Professional counseling teamed with fitness/health trainers produced observable group results.
1. The mind and body cannot be separated.
2. Calming the body will calm the mind.
3. Fitness, proper nutrition and restful sleep are natural anti-anxiety, anit-depression and regulate PTSD symptoms.
4. Interaction with other veterans sets the stage for "social medicine."
5. Tangible benefits and progress are motivational.
6. Intensity, frequency, and duration are critical perspectives affecting meaningful change.
Rand Corp & Walter Reed research suggests that up to 50-65% of Post 9/11 Veterans may be “un-served” by existing programs.
Rand Corp & Walter Reed research also suggests that up to 25% of veterans served are “under-served” for various reasons. For example:
Over 1,100 estimated “Un-Group” in the Twin Ports (Duluth/Superior) area alone.
At each group session, current outlook is tracked and summarized. For example, weekly level Indices on the left reflect progress toward a healthier state.
Person “A” showed improvement on several fronts throughout the STRONG COMPASS Immersion and Assessment phase.
Indices Interpretation Range:
Observations for Person “A”:
The Strong Compass program tracks over 170 variables using known and validated scales.
Real-time data reporting allows facilitators to identify issues and address them when it matters.
As data gathering and reporting platforms are developed, the veteran will be able to view a real-time dashboard of reports.